We are able to trace back the history of our little piece of paradise to the year 1933.
That is when a German immigrant Carl Grygo, who owned a lumber business , built the main house.
He and his family called this house their home until the Autumn of 1944, when they were deported back to Germany during WW II. For years, the property was used for storage by the public works department of the Town of Elk. In 1996 we, Joanna and Heinz Grundel, purchased the neglected property, restored it to it´s former state and added the campground shortly after.